So these things have happened…
1. Mesa has taken to peeing and pooping in our workout room. To the point where I don’t know if I can workout there anymore. Glad my elliptical is in the main basement room.
2. Greta has taken to some sort of growth spurt. That translates to: eating a lot, and then pooping a lot. My new resolution is to do 10+ push-ups and 10+ sit-ups every time I change a diaper. Creative way to sneak more strength into the day, right?
|This is my “I’m sort of tired but still like to smile at everything” look|
3. I gave Nate a checked-out library book for Valentines Day.
*Aside: the purchased copy was in the mail but not here yet, so I had to go to the library to check out the copy they have – we read that book every time we are there. So… I didn’t actually gift him a have-to-return-it-in-14-days book. But it was funny none-the-less.
4. My knee and SI joint are on the mend, finally. I went to the chiropractor on Monday which seemed to really help. Go-go-go-gadget HEAL NICHOLE!
5. Mesa has also taken to chewing her blankets in frustration. Is it because there’s a new adorable person in the house? Maybe. Is it because she hasn’t been run in a long time? Probably.
But, I have a sewing machine, and it looks like a blanket again!
|Very blurry, but you get the point 🙂|
6. I learned that the average life expectancy of a Vizsla is 9.15 years. So, every time I’m cleaning up poop in the workout room I think #everydayisamiracle
I cried when I learned this. I’d blame it on hormones, but it’s really just that I hate the fact that I might have to give her up at some point.
7. Taxes. I love doing them, but it’s a lot of receipts and paperwork. 940s and 941s? 1120s filing? Uf. Yes, my receipts were stored in a Brooks shoe box during the year.
Although, I’m writing this instead of continuing to work on taxes. I do love doing them, right? 🙂
8. Sign Language: We’ve started learning signs for Greta. I was going to print out flash cards, but then Nate reminded me that I could actually “buy” something online for less than $10 – probably less than the cost of paper/ink/my time. He’s so smart :).
So, I bought this 500 card deck. We don’t need 500 signs, but it was the same price as the 50 card deck. Plus, Nate treats a few deaf patients, so learning to sign will be good for everyone! I am someone that needs flashcards to learn, so I’m excited. (I swear, I graduated Summa Cum Laude… but guess that was because I made a LOT of flash cards. Ha)
9. Did I mention I’ve registered for an 8k race on the 22nd? Yikes… maybe all of these push-ups and sit-ups will help me? 🙂
10. Since I’m writing this in shifts, since I last posted #6, Mesa had her first seizure-like “episode”. Her right leg seized up when playing fetch. I wasn’t there to witness it, but glad Jessica was there to help her down and have her rest. After a nap she was her normal self! #everydayisamiracle
11. Email title: I’m IN! Email body: Don’t know why but I randomly went on your blog and read this! (A hidden gem of a post!)
The athlete’s email body goes on to explain more … but main point was that my last post/conversation with that athlete lit something in them to get after the little things, train smarter, and think ONE SHOT! 🙂
12. Midwest Dental Doctor’s meeting. No pictures of us, but it was so fun to get away as a couple while Grandma, Grandpa, and Jessica baby-sat for us. We talked with old friends, enjoyed an open bar, slept at the Radisson Blu, and enjoyed awesome food.
It was our first get-away as parents, and although it’s hard to say good-bye to Greta, it was SO nice just to have time with Nate.
13. My knee hasn’t hurt the last 2 runs! Plus it’s sunny and 50 degrees out! YAYYY!
All for now, folks. Have a wonderful, running filled week!
Yay! Happy for you that the knee is feeling better and that you and Nate had a weekend away – that can make a huge difference when you are parenting a newborn! 🙂 I am sorry to hear about Mesa's problems but I'm glad you are enjoying the time you have with her. My pup is nearing her 10th year and is slowing down (life expectancy 9-14 yrs) and it makes me sad. But I'm hoping you'll still have some time with her and when the weather improves you'll get to take her out for some running. 🙂 Also for baby signs, we liked (and my girls liked) the Baby Signing Time Dvd. It's a bit annoying but it's cute and it helped the girls (and us!) learn and use the signs.
Oh my gosh Nichole, that is the saddest news about vizsla life expectancy…Our Matilda is 6…I can't even think about that.
Is Mesa acting out because of the new baby (with the workout room peeing?) Does your vet have any tips?
Are you doing the Irish Run in St. Paul?? See you there (well…I'll see you zip past me 🙂