You’ve written off the idea of a personal coach. Right? I know I had. Too expensive, will it really make a difference, only REALLY fast people have coaches, etc. But, humor me and ask yourself these questions:
- Do you think you have achieved your maximum potential as a runner yet? Always thought there was just a *little* something more in you?
- Has your training plateaued?
- Do you go back and forth between being really motivated and then unmotivated for 2-3 days, then back at it again? Would you benefit from the accountability of a coach?
- Do you find yourself injured fairly frequently?
- Need to take the “think” out of training? Would you benefit from having a daily plan so all you need to do is execute?
- Do you find it hard to motivate yourself to do the “little things”?
If the answer is yes to ANY of these, please just send me an email. Emails and conversations are totally free, and if I can’t help you, I’ll try my hardest to find someone who can. Honest. Really, though, there is no better time to get after it than now. So go ahead, draft that email!
What I offer:
I coach runners privately, from beginner 5kers, to Boston Qualifying hopefuls, to sub-elites, to OTQ hopefuls.
You do not need to be fast to have a coach. You just have to want to be faster. How do you think fast people become fast?
I am the founder and head coach of TNC Endurance (short for Team Nichole Coaching, background story here), and my mission is to help each individual achieve their maximum potential as a runner. I am fully invested in each athlete, designing individualized near-term and long-term plans that work the best for each athlete and their unique goals and situation. No one is the same, and none of the plans I write are the same.
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed celebrating thousands of successes with athletes and can’t wait to continue to add to our PR and accomplishment list! Check out some of the impressive things TNCers have accomplished on our TNC Results page.
Seriously, check out the results page. It is impressive!
|Local TNC athletes meeting in Northfield for a workout with Olympian Caitlin Gregg!|
|Claire and Nichole after we raced the Fargo 1/2 and Full marathon. I’m usually pretty good at predicting finish times, but this time I called her finish time by ONE SECOND. Am I just lucky? Or am I that good? 🙂|
I also pride myself on TNC Endurance’s team camaraderie. I believe in developing a strong relationship between athlete & coach, as well as community among the athletes I coach. So far TNC enjoys a biff pot, periodic sharing of race goals and results and humorous or interesting athlete quotes or experiences (a highlight, to say the least), and a periodic “virtual race” or strength contest among all athletes.
Partly because of the team’s success as well as the unique things I do as a coach to create a “team” amongst athletes living across the country (and world!), I was named as a Brooks I.D. Coach in 2016,2017 and 2018. I’m very proud of this distinction!
If I’ve peaked your interest in any way, please contact me at nichole.porath (at) gmail.com to start the conversation. There is no better time to start than now!
|A few of the TNC Endurance athletes having fun before an A race marathon. They successfully recruited Sharon from IN to fly into MN to race with us that year and rented a house for the weekend. Lots of shenanigans, lots of laughs that weekend!|
$150/month; discounts for paying 6+ months at a time.
Nutrition help also available, contact me for details & pricing.
- Initial consultation to discuss running and training history and future goals, race schedule, etc
- Detailed individualized training plan (8-week or 12-week), designed a training-cycle at a time, but updated daily as needed
- Feedback on specific workouts; near unlimited communication via email, text, phone, skype, anything!
- Weekly training plan review, discussion, and modification based on need
- Weekly communication to report results from training, have training paces or other specifics assigned for the following week, and to make any adjustments to the program/training plan that are needed-
- Strength routine guidance
- Discussion of other training and racing topics such as: race prep, nutrition, shoe/clothing selection, race strategy, injury prevention, etc.
- Careful attention to all things race-day related: taper, pacing strategy, goal finish time, gear, nutrition, mental preparation.
- Access to Brooks special pricing 2x/year – who doesn’t love awesome running gear at insider pricing?!?
- $150 off of TNC Endurance Training Camps, when held. Definitely a training highlight!
2013 Camp: You can see that we may or may not have run one too many miles.
Or eaten way too much good food? Or just had too much fun?
|At the finish of Grandma’s marathon in 2014. Remembering coaching at this race still gives me goosebumps. EVERYONE racing that day notched unbelievable PRs, and I was incredibly proud to watch and cheer for them during the race (pregnant, in my cow suit nonetheless!)|
Coaching Phone Consultation: $75/call
For those of you that aren’t ready for personal coaching, but would like a 30-45 minute phone conversation with Coach Nichole to answer any/all questions running, this is a popular option! I will schedule a phone or skype conversation to cover as many questions as you want to ask from reviewing and/or editing your current or future training plans, questions on training philosophies, nutrition, race day goals and strategies, cross training, strength training, anything!-If you schedule a consult and end up joining the team, $50 will be applied to your 3-month or 6-month fee.-Contact me to set something up! nichole.porath (at) gmail.com.
|Run Happy, Dream Big! Hopefully I will welcome you to the TNC team, and start rewriting your old PRs.