Brown Rice with Tofu, Dried Mushrooms, and Baby Spinach
|Photo from Martha Stewart/Yummly|
- 3 cups short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions (about 6), white and pale-green parts only
- 3 ounces baby spinach (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 15-16 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- Sprinkle of dried ginger
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
1. Cook rice according to package.
2. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, and spices into small container.
2. Sautee onions in water (or oil, if you prefer). Once soft, add sliced mushrooms, cubed tofu and spinach, coat with soy sauce and spice mixture.
4. Stir until everything is heated through and mushrooms are slightly softenend.
This was a great balanced dinner! The cilantro adds a great “summer-like” flavor. Also very easy to pull together quickly! You can also make in a rice cooker, which would make it even easier/faster – see recipe link below.
Adapted from: http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Brown-Rice-with-Tofu_-Dried-Mushrooms_-and-Baby-Spinach-Martha-Stewart
This is a lot of vegan food! 🙂