This cornbread recipe is just awesome. It’s even better than my mother in law’s recipe which is laden with butter (which usually makes everything taste better!). Sorry Karen :).
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Spray 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well-combined.
4. Add the soy milk and canola oil to the flour mixture.
5. Beat just until smooth (do not overbeat.)
6. Turn into prepared baking pan. Bake for ~20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.