This cornbread recipe is just awesome. It’s even better than my mother in law’s recipe which is laden with butter (which usually makes everything taste better!). Sorry Karen :).
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Spray 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well-combined.
4. Add the soy milk and canola oil to the flour mixture.
5. Beat just until smooth (do not overbeat.)
6. Turn into prepared baking pan. Bake for ~20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Do you think it would work to make this recipe into muffins?
Definitely! Let me know how they turn out!
Have you tried using vegetable or coconut oil?