First thing first: We bought a car last night!
I am SO excited about it: it’s a 2012 Prius Four with just 12k miles. It’s in pristine condition – just like new. It took a lot of research (and patience on my part!), but I am really happy we put all of the work we did into the search – we found the perfect car at a phenomenal price.
Good things come to those that wait, right?
Here’s a couple of the listing photos, until I have time to take some of our own 🙂
Some of the things I’m giddy about:
1. The back up camera, which will help me avoid driving over the neighbor kids, stray cats, and our garbage can. Pretty cool technology.
2. The key that I just need in my purse to lock/unlock and drive the car. No more digging around in my purse trying to find keys! YAY!
3. HEATED leather seats (did I mention they were leather? :)) Actually, I think they’re a fake leather… but still.
4. Syncing my phone to the car. I still need to figure out how to do that, but that should be really nice!
5. Finding a great deal on it 🙂 (you know me!)
6. Electric seats. Normally I wouldn’t like this, since I need the seat all the way forward and Nate needs it all the way back. BUT, on the manual seat adjustment Prius’ we tested, this was a pain. I literally had to “pump up” the seat 20 times so I could see over the dash. Not so fun. Now, it’s easy, and I feel like I have even better visibility (ahh, short people problems).
In other news, I’ve somehow managed to find my motivation again :). I’m not sure how… could be that the weather has turned slightly (running in 20 degrees feels great!), or an update I got on Friday (will share later, ohh, the suspense :)), or just realizing that the racing season is coming up. Whatever it is, I’ll take it! It’s fun to be training with more of a purpose now.
What else? I know there’s a lot more, but in the interest of time, I’ll sign off for now – and will try to write more often!